Monday 12 June 2017

How to Pass: CISSP Practice Exam


Taking a certification exam of any kind is a commitment, it requires time and money, none of which you want to lose. For those serious about taking the CISSP exam, you will want to make sure you pass on the first try. This publication will offer guidance and reviews as well as a tool to help you succeed in obtaining your certification: The CISSP practice exam.

We have seen many talks in forums surrounding useful study tools and we want to offer you some tips.

Trust is key

    Although I suspected that I was doing well on the exam, as I grew more psychologically exhausted, the doubt began to creep in ... GREAT TIME. By the time I finished reviewing my marked questions, I thought I should not put my hopes up. When I clicked the finish button and did not immediately get my score, my heart sank. In the back of my mind I had already given up studying another 8 weeks and then tried the exam again. But, when I got to the front desk I got the paper. PAST! Woot, Woot!

    It was almost like taking some different exams combined into one. Some questions were surprisingly clear with only an obviously-correct response. While other questions appeared to be from a completely different examination, where the questions were much less clear with three out of four answers could be correct. Many were the type of "think like a C-Level" I had read, while other questions obviously wanted you to think like a coach ... Fortunately, it was quite obvious what role you were expected to play in a particular matter , At least for me.

    Another thing I want to mention though it might have been just my perception changing as I felt more and more mentally fatigued, but the questions seemed to be a bit more difficult as the test progressed. I swear the first 100 questions looked like something you might see in the + safety exam, but later in the exam things seemed to be much more difficult. Mind Trick? I do not know, but I wanted to mention it.

        Brchap, Member of Cybrary

For the complete review of this test and the study materials used to pass, read the full post here.

It seems however, the most important to bear talk about the design of the exam. The CISSP is an extensive test, obviously designed to force the examiner and push beyond a simple scenario of questions and answers.

Entering the test with confidence after having prepared the best of your skills is the best way to tackle such a rigorous examination. Do not let a test go into your head. You know what you have prepared and what you have not prepared. That's why a practice exam is so valuable.

What is a practice exam?

With the CISSP practice exam, you gain 6 months of access to a world of information that can help you succeed in the exam, including analysis of your strengths and weaknesses. This hands-on exam has some options available to improve your learning experience:

    Customize your test experience by configuring your practice exam to fit your specific study needs. Select items by test objective, set study preferences, and control how your responses are accessed.

    Select presets. These exams are done to provide a test experience similar to a real test environment. They are timed and filter questions like the certification exam. This option will help you determine your preparation for the certification exam.

    Flashcard review allows you to review concepts in a self-rated and unlimited environment. With hundreds of questions, these premade flashcards will help you understand the concepts covered in the actual certification exam.

How will it help me?

If used correctly, the CISSP practice exam will help you pass because you will ultimately be given a simulated exam in the same format with the same time as a real exam. Often, we are not accustomed to taking a test this way, so it helps us to feel comfortable that the material, not the environment, is the focus. Everything comes back to trust.

Likewise, you will get specific feedback to the subject areas that need improvement so you can spend time reviewing what you do not know rather than wasting time reviewing all the content.

We recommend first passing the exam in the evaluation mode (option 2, as mentioned above) to see what you know and do not know to go to the exam. Then use options 1 and 3 to drill down into specific topics that need improvement. Finally, go through Option 2 as many times as necessary until you are comfortable entering the actual test.

Transcender CISSP Practice Exam Reviews

    [I] paid 4k for a CISSP Training Boot Camp and it was a waste of money ... I stayed in class and listened to absurd nonsense about things I already knew! By the middle of the second day I left and bought a 30 day Transcender license to CISSP and studied for 4 days and took the exam as scheduled. I can not say it was an easy test ... but Transcender got me familiar with the basic reasoning to understand what they were asking for. I have to say that I will use these to get the role of a few others that will enhance my stature in today's IT world. Transcender is the best !!

        J.S.

    Transcend picks up where even the best CISSP books leave out - and then blows away. I found the exam simulations to be a great preparation for the real thing. The exams covered all concepts thoroughly and perfectly mimicked the real test environment. I also found their answer explanations to be better written than any I've found in those $ 50.00 books. When people ask me what I did to pass the test, I tell them: "I got the Transcender.


Where can I get mine?

An ISC2: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) practice exam is available in the new Cybrary market. You can find here additional study materials for this exam and a variety of others there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.